Viewing, processing and annotating documents & images on web browser can be an easy task with Flash Viewer. It is a pure web based document viewer, requiring no software installation and downloads, or plug-ins on the client system such as Adobe Acrobat or MS Office besides flash player. Render high quality documents and image files that are easily readable by the users exactly the way they were authored right in the browser.
A light weight flash viewer can be integrated with any Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system. Allows viewing and editing of documents and image files on any web browser in a simple and intuitive way and also supports annotations tools including line, redactions, stamps, sticky notes, arrow, pen, rectangle, etc. Able to display numerous documents and images including MS Office (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx), PDF, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, IBM compatible formats ( MO:DCA, PTOCA, IOCA), and many more and is compatible with all the browsers that supports flash.
Supports viewing vast number of file formats - documents and images. Following are the most common supported file formats:
- Microsoft Word Document
- Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
- PowerPoint Presentation
- PDF (Adobe Portable Document)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File)
- JPG (Joint Photographic Experts Group JPEG)
- MO:DCA , PTOCA, IOCA
- CAD file
- See all available formats supported
Includes annotation tools that allow to review, collaborate, annotate documents right in the viewer. Within a single user interface, one can freely write their comments on the document and share with others, and thus reducing decision-making process, and increase collaboration among users. Provides facility to add comments via sticky notes, apply digital stamps and much more thus making viewer an ideal solution for a business workflow. Allows user to save, copy, paste and print annotations and contents and also to view, markup and annotate documents all at the same time and in one place. Add text, freehand, sticky notes, images, rubber stamps, etc. to TIFF, PDF, JPG, and many more file formats.
Redact PDF Files
Empower user to hide sensitive and confidential information from documents and images. Through an intuitive visual interface, users can easily hide document’s sensitive information such as Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and much more using viewer’s redaction feature.
Redacted documents can be published in any formats including PDF, TIFF, and any other image format. In the published file, the redacted content is permanently removed and cannot search and copied.
Redact all the supported file formats by the viewer including: MS Office files, PDF, TIFF, and many more.
Horizontal Page Scrolling View
There are many ways to navigate pages of the multi-page document. Many use scroll bar, arrow keys, buttons available on the navigation bar to move back and forth through a multi-page document. A navigational feature – Horizontal View, is provided that helps to navigate through the top, bottom and middle portions of the page. Provide options to view pages from left to right of the document.
User Interface of the viewer can be customized as per the requirements. The graphical user interface can be controlled /configured and later can be further customized for ease-of-use through user preferences. Enable/disable user-functions and customize Thumbnail and TreeViews. Can also add custom ribbon tab / buttons using exposed interfaces and APIs.
Provides programmable APIs to launch viewer; load/unload documents; control and navigate between documents and pages; cut, copy and paste pages of documents; export documents; split documents vertically/horizontally for comparison. More...
Viewer is loaded with rich features that make it one of the most powerful viewers currently available. The following are some of the key features of the viewer:
Document and Image Viewing
Viewer delivers high-speed document and image viewing capabilities for users, increasing productivity and reducing downtime. Ultra-fast first page display technology greatly reduces rendering time which can be significant for large files. View documents and images from any Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system or user’s local file system. Viewer provides the following key document viewing features:
- Quickly navigate between multi-page documents and multiple documents with ease
- Working Set / Multi-Part Document Support
- Thumbnail display for quick navigation.
- Document rotation, zoom, and scroll
- Fit to window, height, or width
- Pan the document/image
- And many more…
File Format Support:
One single universal viewer to display all major types of images and documents with the highest fidelity. Viewer can view PDF, MS Office Documents, JPEG, TIFF, Multi-Page TIFF, PNG, IBM Proprietary formats ( MO:DCA, PTOCA, IOCA) , CAD drawings, and many more. All image and document rendering engines are designed and developed in-house for the highest level of image quality and support. Click here for complete list of supported file formats.
Provides functionalities such as Rotate, Zoom (In and Out), Fit to Presets, Navigate between Pages / Documents, Thumbnails, Watermarks, Invert Colors of the page.
Annotate and Collaborate
Users can add annotations, comments, redactions, watermarks, and bookmarks to any document or image to expedite review and collaboration processes.
- Annotate ALL supported file formats. Add annotations to PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MO:DCA, TIFF, CAD, PNG, and many more.
- Save annotations as separate objects: Document and image annotations are stored without modifying the original document. The viewer can be configured to avail annotation options based on user permission levels set up by the administrator.
- Supports a variety of annotations: Various shapes, rubber stamps, image stamps, highlighting, sticky notes, and many more.
- Ability to "burn in" annotations for document distribution and/or for use in external applications.
- Use predefined or Create custom Text or Image Stamps
- Advance measurement annotations: Ruler, Cross Product, Angle Measure, and more
View & Edit Metadata Information
Allows user(s) to view, edit, and save metadata information associated with the document, presented virtually in any format such as Date & Time, Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Single Line Text, Multiple Lines of Text, and much more. The metadata information of any file can be viewed or edited and saved back to ECM. The metadata information is displayed in a structured manner to make it easier for users to understand.
Document manipulation tools are essential to facilitate use of digital documents and images. Document manipulation enables users to view the document, adjust pages within a document, remove unnecessary content from documents, and much more. Viewer provides a vast number of document manipulation tools including:
- Cut, Copy, and Paste pages into a document
- Merging documents into a single document
- Rearranging pages within a document
- Rotating pages within a document
- Crop and Auto Crop of documents and images
- Image Clean-up
- Scale-to-grey resizing for 1-bit images
- Invert color of the document
- Flip page of a document or an image either horizontally or vertically
- DeSkew the document
- Adjust Sharpness and Smoothness
- Adjust Brightness and Contrast
- Advance Image quality settings
- Apply a number of advanced image filters
Redact Document and Images
Easily remove sensitive information from confidential documents and images such as names, addresses; social security numbers (SSNs), date of birth (DOB), credit card (CC) details, bank account numbers, and much more.
- Redact ANY document supported by the viewer including PDF Word, Excel, TIFF, MO:DCA, JPEG, PNG, and many more.
- Redacting on-the-fly: No need for a secondary viewer to redact documents. The redaction tools can be used just like the annotation tools by user that has the permission to do so from the administrator.
- Preserving original content: The redacted documents and images are exported to PDF or TIFF for distribution. The original file is kept intact and unaltered ensuring that the original data is preserved.
- Compliance with corporate regulations and security standards: Redaction will help to adhere to the permission scheme set up within the repository to ensure regulatory standards are met for the organization.
Enable users to print documents, provided they have the permission from the administrator, with a variety of options. These options include:
- Print Selected Area
- Print selected page numbers
- Print multiple documents
- Print with or without annotations and text mark-ups.
- Print multiple pages on a single sheet
- High resolution printing (300, 600, 1200 dpi).
- Silent Printing
Viewer enables users to convert documents and images on-the-fly to more universal file formats for ease of use and portability. Documents and images can be converted into any number of file formats including: PDF, TIFF, MO:DCA, JPEG, and many more.
Compare two different versions of documents and images side by side to look for changes between the two versions. Provide facility to compare two documents by splitting documents either horizontally or vertically.
Image Filter Operations
Viewer includes a number of filters that enhances the document viewing experience for users. These filters include:
- Brightness and contrast
- Sharpness and smoothness
User Interface Options
Viewer can be customized to fit organization’s needs. The following are some of the functions that are customizable:
- Customizable toolbar. Add, remove, show, and hide buttons at runtime with XML input.
- Customize to support corporate branding using company’s logo, colors, and labels
- Thumbnail & menu image selection
- Splitter Panes
- Tree-view (for fast browsing through the documents)
- Document Information at status bar
- Resizable and free floating window
- Friendly User Interface
The exposed APIs will allow developers to integrate viewer to their various applications as well as programmatically control the viewer in numerous ways. Developers can use the exposed APIs to:
- Programmatically load/unload documents
- Programmatically navigate between pages and documents
- Programmatically split documents (vertically or horizontally) for comparison
- Programmatically export documents into other file format
- and more…
- Version controlling (Check-In / Check-Out / Discard-Check-Out) process embedded within the viewer
- Text Search on PDF documents (Quick & Advance Text Search)
- 2D Horizontal Page Scrolling View
- Edge Detection on Image
- Emboss Image
- Adjust Sharpness & Smoothness
- Bookmark pages
Sometimes working with multiple documents can be overwhelming trying to view them in a single screen. Viewer supports viewing multiple documents simultaneously. Therefore, it is easier to view, work, and switch between pages of the multiple documents.
Drag and Drop Pages
A convenient way to move or copy a page of a document is to select and drag it to the desired location on the document. The same works well with drag and drop feature. Just hold the mouse button down over the page, scroll it through the document and release the mouse, drop the page, where the page is to be copied at or moved to.
A user working with a large document needs to return to a specific location in the document for any purpose, a Bookmark feature could prove invaluable. Rather than having to scroll through the pages of a document, user can quickly jump to the bookmarked page.
Cut, Copy and Paste Pages
Cut, Copy and Paste feature allows user(s) to move or copy page(s) to other locations within a same document or to a different document. With this, one can easily organize pages within a document.
In this section we have provided technical information of MST Web Viewer Flash. If you are unfamiliar with some of the topics listed, we strongly suggest you read up on each subject.
If you require further assistance with topics, please feel free to contact us.
Below are the lists of formats that we support for MST Web Viewer Flash
IBM proprietary file formats
- MO:DCA (Mixed Object: Document Content Architecture)
- IOCA (Image Object Content Architecture)
- PTK (PTOCA)
Office file formats
- DOC (Microsoft Word Document)
- DOCX (Microsoft Word Document 2007 & above)
- XLS (Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet)
- XLSX (Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet 2007 & above)
- PPT (PowerPoint Presentation)
- PPTX (PowerPoint Presentation 2007 & above)
- VSD (Microsoft Visio)
- PDF (Adobe Portable Document)
- RTF (Rich Text)
- TXT (ASCII Text)
CAD File Format
- DWG (AutoDesk Drawing)
Supported version R 12 or higher
- DWF (AutoDesk Vector)
- DXF( Drawing Interchange)
Image file formats:
- BMP (Windows and OS/2 Bitmap Formats)
- CAL (CALS Raster)
- DCX (Paint Brush)
- DCM (DICOM)
- EMF (Windows Metafile)
- GIF(CompuServe GIF)
- JBG (JBIG)
- JB2 (JBIG2)
- JPG(Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG))
- JPEG-XR (Windows Media Photo / HD Photo (HDP))
- JPEG-LS (JPEG Lossless)
- J2K (JPEG 2000)
- JP2 (JPEG 2000 Compressed)
- JPM (JPEG 2000 Part 6)
- JPX (JPEG 2000 Part 2)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- PNM (Portable Bitmap Utilities)
- PPM (Portable Bitmap Utilities)
- PBM (Portable Bitmap Utilities)
- PCX (Paint Brush)
- RAS (SUN Raster)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File)
- WBMP (Wireless Bitmap)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
- XPM (XPicMap)
Facilitate users to convert documents and images into more universal file formats for ease of use and portability. All the documents, images and CAD formats supported by the viewer mentioned above (in Formats group) can be converted into the following listed file formats
Below are the compression type formats that we support for encoding while conversion:
- G3 Fax
- G4 Fax
- IBM MMR
MST Web Viewer Flash is a client-server application. It runs on all modern browsers (IE6 or higher, Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.). MST server code in Java runs virtually on any Java supported application server (such as IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat, Oracle GlassFish etc...). MST server module can be deployed either on RHLor Windows Server. MST Server module also contains connectors to integrate with any ECM (such as IBM CM8.xx, FileNetP8 4.5 or higher, Microsoft SharePoint 2007 - 2013, EMC Documentum etc...)
Following functions are performed by the viewer on the client browser without sending calls to MST Server module:
- Page Navigation
- Zoom In
- Zoom Out
- Fit To Width
- Fit To Height
- Fit To Window
- Rotate Clockwise
- Rotate Counter Clockwise
- Annotation Drawing
- Re-Order Pages using Drag And Drop
- Flip Horizontal
- Flip Vertical
- Brightness & Contrast
- Grey Scale
- Editing document using Cut/Copy/Paste
Listed below are the viewer functions that send call back to the controller for processing:
- Loading document (for retrieving JPEG stream, annotation and other supporting XML stream).
- Save Document, Annotations & Comments
- Exporting document to PDF with reordered pages, page rotation & redaction.
- Printing document
- Quick or Advance Text Search (to display search results for the whole document)
- Unloading document (Intimating the controller to drop the document from server)
- Annotations drawn on documents are saved as a separate XML index file linked to its documents in the ECM repository.
- Every annotation object has a set of properties associated with it (such as ForeColor, Transparency, Font, Text, Width etc...).
- Annotations can also be made permanent on the document by burn-in function (Redaction). Once the annotations are burned they become part of the document. The document can be exported out as PDF or TIFF with annotations burned-in.
- Annotations can also be exported out to PDF as PDF annotation objects which can later be edited in PDF editor application.
- Viewer provides following set of annotation tools:
Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Highlight, Text Stamp, Image Stamp, Text, Sticky Note
- Viewer provides following set of measurement annotation tools:
Ruler, Rectangle, Ellipse, Cross Product, Protector
Provides zoom in/out, custom zoom or rubber band zoom tools. Viewer zooms image or document preserving the quality of text and images even at higher or lower zoom values. It applies image filters such as Bilinear or Bi-Cubic Interpolation for images and zoom the text objects by modifying the corresponding font information to keep the text quality intact.
Rotate pages of a document or image and save them back without modifying their original properties (such as text searchable PDF etc...).
Automatically crops the unwanted white or black background from the image
Automatically straightens the scanned images.
Removes noise and enhances the output quality of bi-level fax images, and much more...
Several type of confidential information comes in the form of text patterns such as Social Security Number (SSN), credit card number,Date of birth(DOB), passport number, age, gender, race, etc. Viewer provides a text pattern search capability that allows fast and easy identification of predefined text patterns in PDF files. Provides numerous powerful predefined text search pattern options, including US phone number, social security number, DOB, credit card number, and many more, to automatically find and highlight text matching searches. The user then redact the searched text patters at once
Viewer retrieves the metadata associated with the document from the ECM and provides editing of the information based on the type of metadata field. Such as for a Date & Time field type a date and time picker is displayed and for a multiple choice field a multiple choice drop down is displayed. Following field types are editable:
Date & Time, Single Line Text, Multiple Line Text, Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Number, Currency.
Provide Mask annotation for manually redacting an area of document or image.
Provide seamless integration with SharePoint 2007 thru 2013. Integrating SharePoint with enhanced features of the viewer, users have access to best of the both products.
1) strDocUrl: Url to the document to load in the viewer.
- Windows XP (32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- RHL(RHEL, Ubantu, or any other open source)
Pre-installed Components needed
- Flash Player 10.2 or higher
Web based browser
- Microsoft IE 6 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 17or higher
- Opera 11 or higher
- Apple Safari 5.0or higher
- Google Chrome
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Pentium Core 2 1.0 GHz or faster, AMD Athlon II 1.6 GHz or faster
- RAM: 512 MB
Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Pentium Core 2 2.0 GHz or faster, AMD Athlon II dual-core 2.0 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- Windows Server2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008 (32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- Windows Server 2012 (32 & 64 Bit Versions)
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Apache Tomcat 5.5.9 or higher
- JBoss 4.0 or higher
- IBM WebSphere 6.1 or higher
- Oracle WebLogic 9.0 or higher
- Oracle GlassFish
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Pentium Xeon dual-core 2.0 GHz or faster, AMD Opteron dual-core 2.0 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2GB
Learn to use our products and services more efficiently with free user guide. These technical manuals are intended to assist you with the information needed to operate our product.
Download a PDF copy of the User's Guide by clicking link below.
Need to talk to us? Click here for contact information.
Choosing a viewer for your organization is a complex task because the selection of the solution will have to be made considering both the present and future needs of the product and user experience. Let's take a look at how the MST Web Viewer Flash compares to major enterprise viewers in the market with regards to features and support options.
|Features||MST Viewer||Brava viewer||Accusoft Prizm Content Connect||Snowbound Virtual Viewer|
|Render TIFF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, PDF & MS Office Files||NA|
|Render MO:DCA, ICOA, & PTOCA Files||NA|
|Render All IBM Annotation Types||NA|
|Open Multiple Documents in a single viewer instance||NA|
|Insert/Delete Pages to and from Documents||NA|
|Document & Image Zoom, Scaling, and Rotation||NA|
|PDF Text Search||NA|
|Tree and Thumbnail Views||NA|
|Number of Advanced Image Filers||12||0||0||NA|
|Completely Customizable Viewer||NA|