MS Technology announces MST Viewer and eViewer for Microsoft SharePoint 2013
New integration includes all the great features that MST Viewer provides for SharePoint 2010, with all the enhancements made for 2013.
Charlotte, NC – October 23, 2013 -MS Technology (MST), a leader in rendering, collaboration, redaction, and conversion technology, today announced the launch of MST Viewer and eViewer for Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013. With MST Viewer, SharePoint users can view virtually any file, including Microsoft Office documents including Visio, PDFs, and images from either a desktop application or from any Internet browser. MST Viewer adds unique features to SharePoint 2013 that simultaneously increase efficiency and content security, such as these:
- Document Preview: View documents before you open them with the first page preview. Saving users time and increasing productivity.
- Search Documents with MST Viewer: Search for documents stored in SharePoint directly from the MST Viewer. No longer needing users to switch back to the SharePoint Explorer window to find documents.
- Export Documents to PDF: Export documents to PDF for easy distribution.
- Document Tagging: Follow documents through their life cycle and easily collaborate with others by being able to track the any number of documents
- Protected Libraries: Extend SharePoint security so that users with read-only permissions can only access documents through the MST Viewer or the eViewer and cannot view, print, comment on documents, or converter them to other formats.
- Customizable interface: Customize and enhance the SharePoint environment with the MST Viewer web parts and API. You can even launch workflows directly from the MST Viewer interface.
- Cross-platform HTML5 client: In addition to supporting major web browsers on both PCs and Macs, the eViewer HTML5 viewer for SharePoint 2013 has an interface optimized for use on the Apple iPad and Android tablets.
“We’re happy to continue our strategic alignment with Microsoft by extending the MST Viewer and eViewer applications to Microsoft SharePoint 2013,” said Alexander Grant, VP of Product Development at MST. “Integrating the MST Viewer and the eViewer with SharePoint 2013 will offer great technological advancements for customers both on the desktop and mobile devices.”